What are my rights as an employee?
- An employee’s normal working time must not exceed 8 hours per day and 40 hours per week.
- During the working day, employees must be given time to rest (at least 30 minutes)
- Employees generally do not work on Sundays
- The law provides for paid annual leave
- Pregnant employees are entitled to maternity leave of 70 calendar days before the expected date of birth and 70 calendar days after the birth
- Employees can take parental leave to care for a child aged three or below
- Employees can take leave in order to care for a sick family member
What are my rights as a business owner?
- Hire staff on full-time or part-time basis, including with probation periods
- Apply disciplinary sanctions, dismiss employees for cause
- Issue regulations
Is there a minimum wage?
The minimum monthly wage for full-time employment is AMD 55,000 (as of August 2016).
Is there a minimum number of vacation days?
An employee working five days a week is entitled to an annual paid leave of 20 working days.
Can I be fired without cause?
No, the employer must have a cause to terminate the employment agreement, such as repeated violations of the employment contract, lengthy absences, consumption of alcohol on employer’s premises, restructuring of the business, etc.
To view the full RA Labour Code, click here. For more information on Labour laws in Armenia, visit the Ministry of Labor and Social Affairs website.
This section is cited from RepatArmenia Foundation.